Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I'm coming out...

No I'm not gay...

I know you are disappointed. ha.

You know, I started this blog almost 3 years ago, but I have been too scared to publish it and make it public.  But, Here we go...

I have Postpartum Anxiety.  There.  I did it.  Now the whole world can judge me as they wish. 

As I have struggled after I have had my sweet baby boys, I have been so frustrated that I have mostly struggled alone.  That having postpartum struggles (anxiety, depression, ocd..) has such a stigma.  That is makes you feel like less of a mom.  That when you see other moms bounce back so quickly you think less of yourself and your own mothering abilities.  That when people find out you have "anxiety" they look at you with fear in their eyes, like you are about to go kung fu panda psycho on them.  That is why I am going "public".  I don't want others to suffer in silence.  I KNOW if women were more informed, if it was talked about more often, if it wasn't a "hush-hush" subject, that it wouldn't be so hard.  I didn't CHOOSE to have anxiety after I have babies, but I did CHOOSE to get help and to get better and I want to help others do the same. 

So there you go.  Now you know I am a little crazy.

But mostly just crazy about these three little cuties and this handsome guy.

So check back if YOU or someone YOU KNOW has suffered.  and don't be afraid to speak up and if you are afraid to speak up (like I am right this second)...speak up anyways.

Over and out.

7 comments:

  1. Yay!! Way to go, Judi! I've been waiting until #2 was born to "come out" as a post partum anxiety survivor, too. I tried adding a button to my blog from the postpartum progress website but it didn't work. So glad you started this! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the blog. I am a fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm, yeah, I am totally going to need your input on this thing. You are the expert! Our chats over the years have helped me so much :)

      Delete
    2. Same here--you were the first and pretty much only person who understood exactly what I was going through. Let me know if you need anything. Not sure what your plans are for this blog, but if you decide to do a guest post series where other moms share their stories/advice or something, sign me up!

      Delete
  2. Guess what!! You're not alone! I don't know if you ever read my "coming out" blog post a few months ago, http://targheemonica.blogspot.com/2013/06/for-struggling-stay-at-home-mom-part-1.html but I got nearly 250 hits that day and TONS of responses from women who had very similar experiences. We are in good company:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally read it and was proud of you for doing all the stuff you are doing to overcome it! Depression is so hard...especially when you know you should feel happy. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin it

Pin It