Friday, November 15, 2013

Famous Friday: Brooke Shields

Meet Brooke Shields, Model, Beauttttty, and Postpartum Depression Survivor

Welcome to our support group, Brooke! 

Brooke:  Hi, I'm Brooke and I have Postpartum Depression

All: Hi, Brooke!

Judi:  So Brooke, How bad did it get?

Brooke: "I really didn't want to live anymore," During this time, simply seeing a window was enough to prompt [me] to think, "'I just want to leap out of my life,' but then the rational side of me [would say], 'You're only on the fourth floor. You'll get broken to bits and then you will be even worse.'"  (interview taken from webmd  here.)

Judi: Wow, that is so sad, I am really sorry you had to go through that.  

Brooke: "Chris (my husband) would say, 'Oh, my God, she's crying,' and I would respond, 'Yeah, baby. She's crying. I wonder what she wants?' It was like this weird alien overtook my body and every appropriate response was answered with the antithesis of what you would assume."

Judi: I think we have all felt that disconnect from the world feeling.  Yuck, not a fun feeling. 

Brooke: "The scars for me are gaining peoples' trust again, and not feeling the need to bound through my life as 'happy camper lady' to prove how I can do it all and am really happy and it was just a phase"

Judi: Oh how I hate this.  I don't like when people think you about to go "kung fu panda" crazy on them.  I know what you mean , Brooke!

Brooke: "There is a really unfortunate and not-so-pretty part of going through something like this, and nobody wants to admit it, so I figured let me just blow the lid off this, and hopefully it will be able to speak to somebody."

Judi: The more people who speak up, the more knowledge there will be, the stronger we will all become!

Thanks Brooke.  Welcome to our Support Group.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin it

Pin It