Monday, December 16, 2013

Letting go of the Fear

I went and saw Disney's FROZEN on Saturday.  LOVED IT!  The message spoke to my heart and even though I spent most of the time in the side hallway wrestling my chubba-lubba Nathan boy (one year olds are not meant for the theater!), the movie's message really touched me. 

"Do not let your fears choose your destiny. ~ Unknown"

A main theme in the movie is Fear.  Fear prevents Elsa (a queen with a power to freeze things) from enjoying her life, from living at all.  At one point, she breaks free and "let's it go."  Watch this clip from the movie.  I have watched it about 10 times in the last day.  It is powerful.  





This line in the song stuck out to me.

It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all


All the loves of my life...I have faith for them!
Fear of PPS, Fear of having another baby, Fear of everybody knowing you struggle, Fear of never getting better, Fear of the look in your husbands eye when he is worried about you, Fear that someone will think worse of you. Fear of talking to your doctor.  Fear that your doctor won't believe you.  Fear of counseling.  Fear of attempting to get better and failing.

Don't let Fear control you.  Trade it for Faith

Faith to recover from your PPS, Faith to have another baby, Faith that people will help you and admire you when they know you struggle, Faith you will get better, Faith your husband loves you and stands by you, Faith that people love you and care about you, Faith in your doctor and in the modern marvels of medicine, Faith that counseling might be your answer, Faith that if you attempt to get better, you can.

So, Just let it go.  Let the fear go.  You can do this :)

-over and out


3 comments:

  1. For some reason the video clip isn't working for me. I need to see that movie, though! I love that line. So true. :) you're such a great writer, Jude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. I spelled it "Jude" on purpose. I feel like we called you that freshman year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure why but the clip isn't showing up on mobile devices. I put the link in again. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin it

Pin It