I guess I am now labeled as "that postpartum person." Probably means I seem pretty unstable...but actually I am pretty rock stable...for the moment--ha! :) But in the meantime, a lot of people have been sharing articles with me about different suggestions/studies/tips for people with PPS and I wouldn't be a true friend if I didn't pass along the info with you. Without further ado, check these out if they appeal to you!
Ten ways to Show Love to someone with Depression (for the most part, I liked this article, and a lot of it are things I have mentioned here.)
The Other Postpartum Problem: Anxiety
Yep, anxiety, oh how I know you and how hard I work to not know you anymore :)
Duke University finds Women need more Sleep than Men (still trying to convince Mike of this one :)
Where is Happiness (my awesome sister Katie wrote this one and the message of it has stuck with me for the past few months. If I was going to recommend only reading one article, it would be this one!)
And some pictures of the kiddos, because I like them more than any talk on postpartum issues!




Yeah, you're a maven! It's a term I learned in Malcom Gladwell's book "The Tipping Point." People know that you are in a position to reach others, so they bring information to you. It's a very cool thing. And definitely a compliment to your ability to reach and help people. :) I love when people give me mom tips to share on my MHM blog. Love that Postpartum Anxiety article. It's so true that PPA is the lesser-known cousin of PPD.
ReplyDelete